Friday, January 18, 2008

Young Yoner's

Well our family is growing and we have decided to make a website so everyone can see where we are, where we've been and where we are going!
Our family began when we got hitched.... Tyler and I got married on August 2nd, 2003 (the day after Tyler's birthday so he will never forget our anniversary.... smart huh?) We moved several (literally) times in our first year of marriage. We went on our first vacation a year after we got married. We went to Beautiful British Columbia. We went to the beach, spent lots of time in the water and went shopping!! While visiting B.C., we went down to Colville, Wash. to see the Wal-mart Supercenter (If you have never been to been to one, you have got to go see it!! They are awesome!!) , and discovered that I was pregnant!!! And thus began the journey of parenthood!
Zacharie was born on March 24, 2005, weighing 9lbs, 7oz. Yes I had drugs!!! The labour wasn't that bad, it only lasted 13 hours.... thats from the time I found out I was in labour. I actually didn't know until my doctor's appointment, where he told us to make our way to the hospital. At 3:50am Zacharie Samual Glenn was born.
We spent the next year learning how Zacharie worked... He was such a good baby. He slept thru the night at about 6 weeks old. How wonderful! He began eating solids at 2 weeks old. He was such a big baby that I couldn't keep up with feeding him just liquid! He learned to love fish, thanks to Finding Nemo. He spent lots of time staring at that movie.
We got a cat a few weeks after we got married, and named her Bonita. However, she had this long tail and so we nick-named her Monkey, which she responded to all the time.
One day Bonita was up on the table, which she shouldn't have been on, and Zacharie noticed her and said clear as day, " Momkey, ba baba ba!" I was so shocked!! This was when he was 9 months old! After that it did not take him long to learn more words. He started walking when he was 10 1/2 months old. And then he was unstoppable!
We spend the summer of 2006 in B.C. again! Zacharie just loved the water, and learned how to swim. It also helped that my parents have a pool! It's really interesting to see a kid wearing a diaper go in the water and try to drag himself out of the water, diaper dragging and all....
We spent the rest of that summer relaxing around my parents pool.
The same year after Thanksgiving and after my birthday (Oct.22) we found out that we were again pregnant!! Thrilled with joy we couldn't keep that a secret.
I was working at Wal-mart and decided to tell my boss right away, so there would be no surprises. They were excited too, that was a relief. I went on sick leave in February. The baby was causing back problems. I spent the rest of the pregnancy trying to find things to do. Man it is boring when you have a clean house that can't get much cleaner....
I found out in May that I have Group B Strep ( no not strep throat...), it can cause lots of problems for the baby. Luckily there are ways of treating it, during labour....
Through the month of June, I thought many times that I was in labour only to find that I was having braxtion hicks contractions.... Then one Monday morning, a week after Tyler started his job at Winroc, I woke up around 7 am and thought I had wet the bed. I turned to Tyler and said, "I think my water may have broke..." Tyler thought I was kidding, but got up anyway to get ready for work. I rolled over and WOOOSH! My water definitely broke! Tyler called my doctor. He told us to go to the hospital now. He would meet us there. So I called my parents. They weren't home! They must have been on their way to work. So I called their work. They weren't there yet. I decided to leave a message (they work at the same Wal-mart as I do, so everyone knows that I was expecting...), and get ready to go to the hospital. I felt nauseas and dizzy. Tyler had to drive (like a maniac!) . We made it to the hospital. Zacharie thought it was cool that I had to ride in a wheel-chair, and so he rode on my lap. We got to labour and delivery where my parents had been waiting. I was so white, and if you know me, I am soooo not a white person! They put me in this huge room, closest to the emergency O.R. They were prepping to do a C-section, because of my lethargic-ness... I was put on a fluid IV and started to feel better, cold, but better. Then my doctor checked me and I was 6 cm dilated, and was told I could have "drugs" if I wanted. I said "no". So my doctor left and told them to call him when I was 8 cm.
About 20 minutes later, I was 8 cm, my doctor had just got to his office when he was called to come back. By the time he got back to the hospital I was 10 cm. I wanted drugs!!! I wasn't allowed to have anything! I then realized that there were about 8 people in the room. Thank goodness for the big room. There was my doctor, an intern (Doogie.... well he was real young), 2 NICU staff (prepping for the baby), 2 nurses, my mom and Tyler. I started to push, kicked Tyler and yelled at my doctor (did I mention that drugs are good!!). After 7 pushes, Ethan was out!! Thank goodness!! He was huge!!! I wasn't allowed to hold him, the cord was wrapped around his neck and there was meconium in the "water". They said that he was un-responsive. He had such a little cry. But then so did Zacharie. About 20 minutes later, I was finally allowed to hold him.
So on June 25th, 2007, Ethan Josiah James was born, weighing 9lbs, 13 oz.
Zacharie was very unsure what to think of this new baby. He was excited though. Then for the next few weeks a bit jealous. This baby took all the attention.
Zacharie, Ethan and I went to B.C., with my parents, four weeks after Ethan was born. Wow, two kids, no daddy, is hard. We had a lot of fun, although, I couldn't swim until the last 2 days we were there. But Zacharie loved the beach and didn't want to leave.
Ethan's first time with solid food would have been when he was about 4 1/2 weeks old.
Our Christmas this past year was awesome, with two wonderful boys. Zacharie loves his brother and always wants to be with Ethan.
Zacharie has started potty- training and is doing very well. Now we just have to work on night time training.
Ethan is rolling around everywhere, babbling, and laughing. He can even say "papa". It's funny, he only says it to get my dad's (papa's) attention.
We'll keep you all posted as to what is going on in our lives. As for right now, Tyler is still working at Winroc, and I am starting to teach piano again, and hopefully not having to go back to work for much more than a few hours a week.
Our boys are growing, and we hope you enjoy the pictures, we have lots!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Noami, Tyler & family...
A good start to your blog, though I haven't read many. We'll be checking back for more pics!

Uncle Dale

Robyn Jones said...

I see you fixed your link...I liked the story of Zachary saying momkey...Jeremy started saying words at about six months and no one believed us, so I was glad when people started to hear him and didn't think we were on crack.....
See you Sunday.

Anonymous said...

Nice to hear from you. Great pics. Post more. Naomi this is a great idea. Good thinking!!!
Love to you all
Aunti Ardine

© young yoner family - Template by Blogger Sablonlari - Header image by Deviantart